Pre-eminent among our practice areas is our national and international Aviation Law practice. It is a founding practice of the firm and traditionally our signature strength. The Firm also has an extensive insurance and reinsurance practice, particularly in all aviation-related aspects. We counsel international and domestic airlines, assisting them in aeronautic, civil, commercial, Customs and immigration matters, covering both corporate and litigation aspects. As the correspondent of foreign law firms, LCM Abogados helps defend the interests of leading airlines in Latin America and particularly in Argentina.
LCM Abogados offers advice and counseling on the following:
- Disputes relating to passenger and cargo claims.
- Lost and damaged baggage and cargo.
- Aircraft collisions.
- Registration of companies.
- Local and international financial aviation agreements.
- Aircraft, spares and engine leases.
- Aircraft purchase and sale.
- Provision of security, including aircraft mortgages.
- Legal advice on regulatory and contractual issues.
- Proceedings and registration with the National Airworthiness Department in Argentina.
- Proceedings with the National Aircraft Registry in Argentina.
- Aircraft certification and registration.
- Proceedings with the National Commercial Air Transport Board and the Aeronautic.
- Authorizations Department (Air Regions Command).
- Advice on aircraft and aviation-related insurance and reinsurance.
- Comprehensive counseling on aviation accidents and crisis management in the event of a crash.*
* LCM Abogados attorneys provided counseling and management in the two most important aircraft accidents in the history of commercial air transport in Argentina: Fray Bentos 1997 (Austral S.A.) (Uruguay) and Aeroparque Jorge Newbery 1999 (LAPA S.A.) (Argentina)